Did you know that, on average, a file cabinet and the space to access can take up to 15 square feet of space? And that’s just one file cabinet. If you think about it, real estate can cost anywhere from $50 – $150 per square foot and if that’s being taken over by paper, you’re unfortunately not getting the best use of the space that you’re paying a pretty penny for.
Taming your paperwork is ultimately the first step in uncovering occupied office space. But, where do you start? Carefully consider the following steps to start clearing necessary office space:
1. Identify where the overload of paperwork is stemming from: which department, office, employee, etc.
2. Decipher which papers need to stay or go. If you do keep some documents, make sure they’re filed away neatly and in an organized manner.
3. Recycle any unneeded and unimportant documents.
4. Look into off-site storage options
5. Contact a VERY reliable document scanning and imaging company. (We have one really reliable company in mind…)
Once you’ve diagnosed your paper problem and have navigated through these necessary steps, you’ll hopefully find your office to be much cleaner, organized and perhaps larger. Although each step is important, number five is the most effective in the paper taming process. Call Microtek today and receive a free estimate for our services. We promise we can get your office organized and whipped into shape in no time.