Packing up all your documents seems easy, right? But, unfortunately it’s not. You can’t just start throwing papers into random boxes in hopes that they’ll organize themselves! Here are some quick tips to help smooth out the packing process:
1. Organize By Project – Begin by labeling your boxes by different projects to help give you a good start to separate and sort your documents.
2. Remove Any Binding – Remove any paper binding accessories such as paper clips, binder clips or staples. Also, sticky notes, tabs or anything attached to the document, as well. This is usually done during our document preparation process, but some companies may choose to do this on their own.
3. Ensure Storage Efficiency – Be sure to pack your documents in sturdy storage containers or boxes. Don’t use old boxes that look exceptionally old or worn.
4. Pack Documents Properly – Don’t exceed more than 25 pounds per box. This will avoid any strenuous lifting and possible breakage of the box or storage container. Make sure your documents are packed tight enough to avoid papers moving around. And remember to always add spacers to separate documents as another great organizational approach.
5. Label, label, label – Labels all your boxes, folders and documents as often as possible and consistently. Pertinent information for labeling will always include your company name, project name and a box number. Record how many boxes of documents you’re sending and always remember to number them sequentially.
6. Secure Your Boxes – Always make sure that all of your boxes are fastened tightly and sealed by strong tape for transportation.
Hopefully these tips have been helpful and will give you a good grasp on how to pack your documents. If you need addition help or have questions, contact Microtek today. We’re always here to help!