The Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP) govern all civil actions and proceedings in U.S. district courts. If an organization is involved in a civil action in federal court, FRCP procedures, including precedents for eDiscovery, must be followed. Companies involved in a lawsuit must preserve documents, including email messages, as evidence.
Risks of non-compliance can include fines, criminal penalties, and obstruction of justice charges. Enterprise Content Management (ECM) systems enable FRCP compliance by providing a comprehensive system to store electronic information in a searchable and accessible environment.
Improve your understanding of these important legal regulations with this easy-to-read blog article that helps you match specific FRCP needs with the unique technology you need to reduce your legal vulnerability. Create a strong FRCP compliance strategy that you are confident in with ECMNOW!
Control your records in a secure and easily accessible environment, improve productivity, and save the entire organization money.
Become an FRCP expert and learn what your organization needs to do if you ever need to respond to a court order.
• Efficiently capture, store, and retrieve all information in one comprehensive system allowing you to quickly discover records in response to FRCP procedures.
• Print, export, and email search results and allow judges and lawyers secure, temporary web-based access to electronic documents to save time on eDiscovery requests.
• Leverage PaperVision Message Manager to ensure you capture and index all email messages and attachments to quickly respond to court orders.
• Track different document versions and document access with check-in and check-out functions to show who accessed documents and what changes were made.
• Prove that documents have not been altered since they were captured by the ECM system to ensure the integrity of stored data with detailed audit trails.
• Utilize ECMNOW! automation capabilities to automatically set record retention and destruction rules to improve control of your records life-cycle.
• Store your records in the cloud to save money on IT costs by minimizing hardware, software, and maintenance costs.
• Save money on information requests by using keyword searches to quickly pinpoint specific text within the content of a document.
• Electronically manage important business records to facilitate timely record retrieval to reduce eDiscovery costs.
“If a litigant requests a document that you cannot provide because it has been destroyed, then a judge or jury may in some circumstances be permitted to conclude that the document contained information detrimental to your position.”
– The National Association of Independent Businesses (NAIB) 2016
How does ECMNOW! help with FRCP compliance? What if you could ensure all your organizations data was able to be produced in a timely manner if you are ever involved in a lawsuit? With ECMNOW! you can control all your records in a secure and easily accessible environment to ensure FRCP compliance.
Enable FRCP Compliance
• Is your organization electronically managing their records? Under FRCP, if a business is involved in a civil action in federal court specific procedures for eDiscovery must be followed. With ECMNOW! you can easily control and access any records you may need to ensure FRCP compliance.
Automatically Destroy Records
• How does your organization manage records that have expired? FRCP regulations dictate you can be held liable for records that could have been deleted in accordance to a records retention policy. With ECMNOW! utilize Business Process Automation (BPA) to automatically set destruction rules ensuring records are properly disposed of to reduce your vulnerability.
Preserve Record Integrity
• Are you able to verify your documents have not been altered? Under FRCP regulations, failure to verify record integrity can result in costly fines for an organization. Prove that documents have not been altered since it was captured by your ECM system to ensure the integrity of stored data with detailed audit trails.
Quickly Locate Information
• Is locating information time consuming? FRCP procedures for record discovery are usually strict. When time is of the essence, leverage powerful keyword search capabilities of ECMNOW! to locate and produce information when you need it most to reduce eDiscovery costs.
• Does your organization save emails? FRCP regulations require organizations to produce all electronic records, including emails, as evidence. Leverage PaperVision Message Manager to ensure you capture and index all email messages and attachments to quickly respond to court orders.
Manage Records in One System
• Does your organization manage records across multiple systems? Storing records in multiple systems can cause record retrieval to be a time-consuming and costly process. ECMNOW! offers a single system that stores important business records and facilitates retrieval, to save the entire organization time.
“Before PaperVision Enterprise, it could take as long as a week to find a document. Now we can find a document and email it in just a few minutes. The time savings has been incredible.”
– Kim Turner, Assistant City Manager, Universal City, TX
We want to show you how Microtek’s almost 50 years of experience can help you and your organization with FRCP compliance, and all of our work is guaranteed!
If you have any questions, would like any additional information, or would like a free and no obligation consultation and estimate, please don’t hesitate to call us at 314-872-3322 or 800-264-2808 and ask for Aaron Liess or Mark Sandheinrich, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!